T +31 412 213 030
1/0 AWG through 900 kcmil AlumaFlex™ THHN/THWN-2 Insulated Singles with 8000 series Triple E™ Aluminum Alloy. Bare AlumaFlex™ Aluminum Alloy Grounding Conductor. UL Listed. 600 Volts. MC Metal Clad, Lightweight Aluminum Interlocked Armor.
Overall flame retardant sunlight resistant PVC Jacket.
With aluminum interlocking armor, you eliminate the need for costly conduit or burial piping with cables designed to meet the needs of demanding industrial and resource industry environments.
- Direct burial applications, installation in concrete and where exposed to cinder fills, strong chlorides, caustic alkalis, or vapors of chlorine or of hydrochloricacids;
- Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multiresidential buildings;
- Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits;
- Fished or embedded in plaster;
- Concealed or exposed installations;
- Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5;
- As aerial cable on a messenger;
- Installation in cable tray and approved raceways;
- Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables perNEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2);
- Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
Aluminum-based electrical wiring was first used for utility applications in the early 1900s. Use of aluminum wiring grew rapidly after World War II and it has increasingly replaced copper as the conductor of choice in utility grids. The metal has significant cost and weight advantages over copper and is now the preferred material for electricity transmission and distribution uses. AA-8000 series aluminum alloy conductors have more than 40 years of reliable field installations and have been recognized specifically by the National Electrical Code for over three decades. Aluminum electrical wiring is an increasingly popular choice for utilities and builders. The market has grown 20 percent over the past decade. (Taken from The Aluminium Association)
|Alumaflex™ STANDARDS & REFERENCES|
|Industry Approvals||UL 83|
|Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)|
|Flame Test Compliance||Jacketed & Non Jacketed will both pass " UL Test" & "FT4/IEEE 1202"(70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray Flame Test|
|Other Compliances||NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), Article 330|
|Listed for use in UL 1, 2, and 3 Hour Through-Penetration FirestopSystems|
|REACH/RoHS-2 (Chemical Limit) Compliant|
|Alumaflex™ Cable Construction|
|Conductor||Triple E™ Aluminum Alloy|
|bare aluminum grounding conductor for sizes 1/0 AWG and large|
|Insulation||Type THHN/THWN-2 conductors rated 90°C wet or dry|
|Binder||Binder tape is wrapped over the conductors|
|Armor||Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly|
|Jacket||Black flame retardant sunlight resistant PVC jacket applied over the armor|
|Jacket is available in other colors upon request|
|Available on request|